Monday 6th April, 2020
This release contains a lot of feature enhancements for the Job Scheduler plus a lot of other tweaks to other areas of the system.
- Staff initials will now alter the "profile" background to a darker colour if the selected staff colour is light/white (unable to read initials text)
- When choosing white as a company branding colour, it was impossible to read some text on generated invoices and reports. Instead, a darker "offset" colour will be used where appropriate.
- Ability to edit details of an object inside another object (for example, editing a client inside of the appointment dialog)
- Ability to have blank invoice line items
- Visual feedback throughout the system for objects which are "read-only"
- Major improvements to the file sizes generated for report PDFs
Calendar-specific Bug Fixes:
- When highlighting on the calendar to create a new all day appointment, the appointment was not automatically being marked as "all day".
- Appointments with a light/white colour will now use black text
- When creating a new report directly from the appointment dialog, the report will prefill with the appointment address rather than the client's primary address.
- Usability of the calendar on mobile has been improved
- Calendar loading spinner has been replaced with a loading bar at the top of the page to be less intrusive
- Lots of performance improvements of the calendar.
- "Check staff availability" button not working as expected when creating appointments
- The "+ Create" button on the calendar will now default to the company business hours (if supplied)
- Improvements to how unscheduled appointments are added and removed from the list
- Appointment reminders not sending out at the correct time
- Option to add an account name if you have entered as BSB/ACC number for invoices.
- Visual feedback on the first page of creating a report to make it easier to notice which fields need to be filled out.
Calendar-specific Feature Updates:
- New setting to disable seeing outside of the company's business hours on the calendar (available in System Defaults under Calendar)
- Ability to mark appointments on the calendar as "unconfirmed". An unconfirmed appointment will appear on your calendar in a timeslot but remain transparent to show that the booking is unconfirmed with the client.
- Ability to mark appointments as unscheduled without having to edit the appointment manually (you may now mark an appointment as unscheduled from the "Status" popup)
- Updated UI to the recurring rule dialog. Now provides more options for creating a rule based on particular days and months. The "interval" and "count" options have both also been increased
- Ability to toggle recurring appointments as "unscheduled", "unconfirmed" or "scheduled" when they are created/updated.
- Appointment tooltips - hover over appointments to display a lot more useful appointment details without having to open the appointment dialog.
- Simplified interface for displaying unscheduled appointments (you can now hover over the appointments to display more details)
- Ability to filter the calendar by client and the ability to filter by multiple appointment status options
What's coming up:
We are always listening to your feedback and making our product even better.
One of our upcoming updates will introduce a lot of user interface refinements to make the app sleeker and easier to use.